Running for RTM District 1
- 8 years on Fairfield BOE, 6 as Chair
- 29-year Fairfield resident
- former CEO, Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
- 29-year resident of Fairfield
- Served from 2011 to 2019 on the Fairfield Board of Education, six years as Chair
- Justice of the Peace from 2012 to present
- Degrees from Springfield College and Lehigh University
- Have served in two other elective offices, on the School Board in Rye, NY and Northampton County Council in Pennsylvania
- On the Leadership Team of Fairfield CARES
Member of First Church United and the Gaelic American Club
- Retired from a 40 years career with the YMCA, finishing as CEO of the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, a $29 million, multi-unit YMCA serving 25 communities
ON THE WEB
We need a team of responsible leaders, committed to good government and always act in a respectful dialogue with all citizens. Three key issues are:
- Responsible Fiscal Management – to ensure balanced operating budgets, well managed capital budgets and funding long term costs such as pension and rainy day funds.
- Quality Public Schools – to maintain the reputation of our quality school system to serve the needs of our students, attract new residents, maintain property values and recruit experienced teachers and administrators to educate our children.
- Healthy Community – Now, more than ever, the health of our residents depends on leaders who put the needs of youth, adults, seniors and families ahead of party politics. I am committed to working across the aisle and with all residents from all walks of life.
Meet Philip Dwyer
Why are you running?
Why should people vote for you?
What are the biggest issues facing Fairfield?