- BOF member since 2016
- Former Selectman and RTM member
- Occupational Therapist
- Current Member, Board of Finance; Vice Chair, Senior and Disabled Tax Relief Committee
- Former Selectman, Board of Selectmen (2015)
- Former Member, RTM (2010-2015): Senior and Disabled Tax Relief Committee; co-sponsored Fair-TV ordinance; Deputy Minority Leader for the Democratic Caucus
- Volunteer and Board Member: Clara’s Secret Shepherds Foundation (supports Foster Children)
- Former Board Member: DTC Vice Chair, National Charity League (Fairfield Chapter), Mill River Wetlands Committee, League of Women Voters, Can Do Multiple Sclerosis
- Professional: Licensed Occupational Therapist working in short-term rehabilitation, acute care and outpatient settings; Adjunct Professor, Sacred Heart University Graduate School of Occupational Therapy; 20-year health care communications professional, working for public relations agencies and advocacy/not-for-profit organizations
- Graduate of Trinity College, B.A. in political science; M.S. in Occupational Therapy, Sacred Heart University; Master of Public Health, Columbia University
- Fairfield resident for 22 years; married to Don Breakell; 3 children, all attended Fairfield Public Schools
It has been a pleasure serving as a Board of Finance member over the past 5 years, and I would be honored to continue to serve. As a 5-year member of the Board of Finance, a former Selectman on the Board of Selectmen, and a 7-year member of the Representative Town Meeting, I am familiar with the need to be both strategic and practical, and to drive reality-based solutions forward. Most important, I am committed to fostering proactive and open dialogue surrounding key issues, ensuring that the present and future health of our town are preserved. Moving forward, I will continue to engage members of the Fairfield Community in an ongoing discussion of how we can maintain and build upon our town services and strong public schools, while delivering transparent governance and fiscal responsibility.
In business and in service to my community, I have a proven track record of building consensus. I’m committed to respectful discourse, thoughtful consideration of all views, and creative problem solving to achieve desired outcomes.
If elected, I promise to bring that ethic to the Board of Finance in service to ALL Fairfielders.