Running for Board of Finance (6-year term)
- Fifth generation Fairfielder
- 25 yrs global banking experience
- Former Bridgeport math teacher
- Five-generation Fairfield family with legacy of town service
- Attended Sherman, Dwight, Tomlinson, and Fairfield Prep
- Over 25 years of global banking experience, including JP Morgan
- Helped lead the CFA Institute, the global body for investment professionals
- Math teacher, Central High School, Bridgeport; adjunct professor, corporate finance, St. John’s University
- Founding advisory board member of major not-for-profit institution “Girls Who Invest”, and board member, CFA Society – Stamford
- BSFS, International Relations, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
- MBA – Finance, NYU Stern School of Business
- Certificate in Investment Strategy, Harvard University
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Married with three children
ON THE WEB
My children are our fifth generation in Fairfield, my great-grandparents having come up from the Bronx in the late 1800s. My wife and I want our children to enjoy all the benefits of our Town, now and over time.
Having worked for financial organizations based in New York, Toronto and Paris, I have a broad range of global financial experience, including importantly, municipal finance. My education is from Georgetown, NYU Stern and Harvard, largely in investments, economics and finance, and I have a CFA designation from the global professional body, the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute.
My commitment to education for the next generation runs deep, having served on the advisory boards of Girls Who Invest, the CFA Society – Stamford, and the education committee of the International Organization of Securities Commissioners. In addition, earlier in my career, I was a math teacher at Central High School, Bridgeport, and taught finance & capital markets at St. John’s University.
As part of “Team Brenda”, I look forward to working hard across the community to restore trust in the Town government’s competence and integrity, after having lost our way in the preceding administration, especially in financial and environmental matters. Fairfield deserves better.
Meet Tom Collimore
Why are you running?
Why should people vote for you?
What are the biggest issues facing Fairfield?